United Excel Hiring Construction Quality Control Manager
United Excel is seeking a qualified Construction Quality Control Manager. United Excel has been executing successful healthcare design/build projects since 1994. We strive to uphold our standard of excellence in delivering complex healthcare projects on schedule, on budget and with complete customer satisfaction, and we demonstrate our commitment to these goals by submitting to third party performance reviews on every completed project. In 2014, more than 18 years later, we continue to expand our client centric, performance driven, healthcare design/build efficiency model. The measured steps in our growth have presented many new exciting opportunities as our clients engage us on larger, more constrained healthcare projects.
SUMMARY & PURPOSE OF POSTION:
Manage maintenance and implementation of company quality control and ensuring adherence to company safety and infection control policies. Communicate quality control system to the Government/Owner representative and completes quality control reporting requirements. Our construction jobs are usually located on government military bases; therefore, in order to perform your duties, you must be granted access to the jobsite location on the government bases. The government will authorize base access by running a background screening and ensuring possession of a valid, current driver’s license. Due to this, anyone in this position must have a clean background check and a valid, current driver’s license.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Compile and complete work plan books, submittals and project close out documents
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Effectively communicate the standards of care required for each definable feature of work to the various team members in the project through the use preparatory, initial, follow-up and other less formal meetings
- Schedule, document the results of, and maintain a log of all code and independent inspections that are required
- Participate in regularly held meetings involving internal staff and external stake holders, such as Owners, Subcontractors, etc.
- In coordination with others in Project Management, review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project drawings, specifications and change directives
- Maintain Quality Control and adhere to sequential cycle of the project
- Ensure all workers and subcontractors adhere to the safety / infection control policies and protocols on the job sites
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED & PREFERRED:
- USACE Quality Control Manager experience; minimum 5 years
- Contractor Quality Control Management Certificate (USACE CQM)
- Familiar with RMS
- Healthcare design/build construction experience; strongly preference
- Familiar with infection control policies and standards
- Familiarity with government codes and standards applicable to Medical Treatment Facilities and USACE
- Ability to read, interpret, and implement all work scopes related to project drawings and specs
- Above average computer skills, including Microsoft Suite
- Familiar with electrical, mechanical, HVAC, system controls, fire alarm controls, sprinkler systems and general carpentry
- Familiar with LEED and enhanced commissioning submittal requirements
- CPR, Standard First Aid, OSHA 30 certificates are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or related field is preferred
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to navigate through a construction site for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and respond to emails, create reports and other documents
- Ability to perform moderate physical work such as climbing, lifting, using construction tools, moving boxes and stooping and light physical work (exerting up to 20 lbs)
- Subject to loud noise, vibrations, odors, fumes, poor ventilation
- Could potentially be exposed to infectious diseases, depending on location of project.
- Ability to communicate in person, phone and electronically
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, marital status or protected veteran status. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.